- In January 2017, my publisher, Tate Publishing, announced it is going out of business. Thus Science and Religion: Reconciling the Conflicts, is now only available from a few sellers. If you are interested in obtaining a copy, try: Amazon.com, or www.abebooks.com, (BarnesandNoble.com, Deseretbook.com, Walmart.com, show it out of stock as of 2/19/17). You may also contact me directly since I still have a number of copies available. Bookstores who still have copies (as of 1/28/17) include: Eborn Books (Salt Lake City); The Book Garden (Bountiful); The Book Table (Logan); The Book Store (Rupert), Latter-Day Cottage (Tucson and Mesa) and others around the world. My publisher’s website indicates that they will be seeking other publishers to “find a new home” for their authors. I’ll post a note as new information is available.
- A number of Libraries around the country now have the book.
OTHER TOPICS OF INTEREST:
- Prometheus Tree WPN 114. Believed to have been the oldest living thing on earth when it was cut down in 1964. Were all of its 4,862 growth rings “annual rings”? Did it survive Noah’s Flood?
- Tree-Ring Dating and Bible Chronology. Tree-ring dating seems so simple and straight-forward. How sound is it really–especially when some of the date-estimations it produces are in conflict with Bible Chronology? It seems that we’ve all heard that trees grow “annual rings” but how many have heard that some trees grow more than one ring in some years, or that some grow partial rings?
- C14 Dating: Why it produces so many dates in conflict with Bible Chronology.
- Accelerated Debt-Reduction Plans. Many claim to be able to get people out of debt quickly. Some of those claims are fraudulent, and others are just expensive ways of doing what you can do for free. Sound accelerated debt-reduction plans involve: (1) Extra principal payments (it makes little difference whether bi-weekly or monthly). (2) Reducing spending and/or increasing income (but for most people, increases in income are accompanied by increases in spending).
- Marriage: Tips for having a happy marriage. A collection of wisdom from various sources which have helped my marriage to be a wonderfully happy one.
- Bible Chronology (an Excel file of worksheets of compiled information on Bible chronology).
- Food Storage Shelf Plans (Excel file). Designed for canned goods. Front load, front unload.
- Quilting Frame Plans: Ivan Nelson’s very simple quilting frame design.
- Personal Management Merit Badge (BSA). PowerPoint slideshow and handout for teaching and/or learning the requirements of the merit badge.
- William and Jane Barker of Shelfanger, Norfolk, England ~1759-1829. Much confusion and misinformation has been passed around about this couple. What was Jane’s maiden name, and who were William’s parents? There is compelling evidence that the very popular connection between William and Stephen Barker and Judith Wragg of Burston, is wrong–especially if Jane was really Jane Knowles, as popularly supposed.
- A spectacular total solar eclipse will be visible from 10 different states in the US on 8/21/17. I plan to go to one of the sites where I can see the totality, like in Idaho or Wyoming. If you’re interested, do a search on 2017 solar eclipse. It should be a great one.