Science & Religion
- Amazon.com; BarnesandNoble.com; DeseretBook.com; eBay; AbeBooks.com (including some international sellers, UK, Aus, & Canada); Half.com; goHastings.com; bookDepository.com; TatePublishing.com.
Deseret Book (some stores and internet); The Book Garden, (Bountiful, UT); Eborn Books (Salt Lake City, Provo, and Ogden, UT); The Book Table, (Logan, UT); The Book Store (Rupert, ID); .
In the book, I take a rather literal approach to the scriptures, supposing that they generally say what they mean and mean what they say.
While there is no conflict between real truth from one source and real truth from another, there are plenty of conflicts between Science and Religion. What’s wrong? Why do scientists generally reject, ignore, or relegate the accounts of the Great Flood to a regional event? Why do so many people attribute their loss of faith to science, particularly evolution?
These and related questions are discussed in the book, as well as some of the problems with popular scientific theories. It also summarizes a number of lesser-known scientific theories which are more consistent with the scriptures.
The book contains a large number of quotes from incredibly interesting and informative sources.
- Brief Synopsis
- Table of Contents
- Epigraphs used as chapter headings
- “Tree-ring dating and Bible Chronology“: A sample section–most of chapter 4 from the book. Please note: it may take a few seconds to load, due to a number of photos within the text.
- Israelites in Egypt is a short segment from the book describing evidence that Israel’s bondage in Egypt was much shorter than 400 years.
- Mark Twain’s Spoof on Uniformity. This includes a more complete quote than the one used in the book.
- Who should read this book? Clues as to who is likely to enjoy it, and who is not.
- About the Author.
- Reviewer Comments.
- Order the book at Amazon.
- Media information
- Book Trailer (15 seconds) made by Tate Publishing: http://youtu.be/MJzWbmMvV58
- Goodreads page for Science and Religion, including some consumer ratings and reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9001836-science-and-religion
- Amazon Page for Science and Religion, including some nice consumer reviews: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1625103794?ie=UTF8&tag=httpwwwgoodco-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1625103794&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2
- Podcast interview by Nick Galieti re Science and Religion: http://www.radiogoldproductions.com/thegoodword/david-barker-interview-episode-160/
- My son Alan referred me to a very interesting video of interviews with atheistic evolutionists and some questions they couldn’t adequately answer. It may be seen at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbIUxVMn0hU. I like it.