Science & Religion
Science and Religion: Reconciling the Conflicts is the title of my recently published book. It was officially released on 10/22/13 and copies are available from many sources including this site [you may order here], Amazon, Barnes and Noble, other internet sites, as well as select bookstores.
In the book, I take a rather literal approach to the scriptures, supposing that they generally say what they mean and mean what they say.
While there is no conflict between real truth from one source and real truth from another, there are plenty of conflicts between Science and Religion. What’s wrong? Why do scientists generally reject, or ignore the accounts of the Great Flood? Why do so many people attribute their loss of faith to science? These and related questions are discussed in the book.
It also summarizes a number of lesser-known scientific theories which are more consistent with the scriptures than many of those that are much more popular. Also, information is shared suggesting that some of the very popular scientific theories aren’t as sound as we might think.
The book contains a large number of quotes from incredibly interesting sources.
- Brief Synopsis
- Table of Contents
- Epigraphs used as chapter headings
- “Tree-ring dating and Bible Chronology“: A sample section–most of chapter 4 from the book. Please note: it may take a few seconds to load, due to a number of photos within the text.
- Israelites in Egypt is a short segment from the book describing evidence that Israel’s bondage in Egypt was much shorter than 400 years.
- Mark Twain’s Spoof on Uniformity. This includes a more complete quote than the one used in the book.
- Who should read this book? Clues as to who is likely to enjoy it, and who is not.
- About the Author.
- Reviewer Comments.
- Order the book, at 25% off of the retail price.
- Media information
- Book Trailer (15 seconds) made by Tate Publishing: http://youtu.be/MJzWbmMvV58
- Goodreads page for Science and Religion, including some consumer ratings and reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9001836-science-and-religion
- Amazon Page for Science and Religion, including some nice consumer reviews: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1625103794?ie=UTF8&tag=httpwwwgoodco-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1625103794&SubscriptionId=1MGPYB6YW3HWK55XCGG2
- Podcast interview by Nick Galieti re Science and Religion: http://www.radiogoldproductions.com/thegoodword/david-barker-interview-episode-160/
- My son Alan referred me to a very interesting video of interviews with atheistic evolutionists and some questions they couldn’t adequately answer. It may be seen at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbIUxVMn0hU. I like it.